Careers at Forefront Education
Passionate about improving education? Us too. See open positions below.
Forefront Education, Inc., a Colorado based company, is seeking a Sales Representative to work remotely to build partnerships with school districts across the country.
Forefront Education is a mission driven company that started with the premise that nearly every educator holds true: the most valuable information about student learning comes from listening to students, reading their writings, and the regular classroom assessments used for formative and grading purposes. Forefront, our assessment data solution, supports K-8 schools and school districts with meaningful assessment and grading practices to improve student learning. Our SaaS solution makes a positive impact on student achievement through empowering districts with more information from their current assessments to inform instruction, improve collaborative work, and fuel the school improvement process.
The Sales Representative is a fully remote position that will be responsible for connecting with, presenting to, and securing partnerships with new schools and school districts across the United States and internationally. You will connect with educators to understand their needs around assessment data, qualify leads, present our software solution to individuals and district teams, answer questions related to the product and implementation, and guide new clients through the purchasing process.
Forefront Education currently supports 153 school districts in 35 US states and 5 international countries to collect and leverage assessment data for over 130,000 students. This role would be the first full-time sales hire for the company and will play a key role in both building relationships with new school district clients and refining and scaling our sales engine. This person will both manage relationships with inbound leads and work with our team to generate and qualify new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will excel at reaching out to prospects via email, presenting virtually to district-level leadership, shaking hands at trade shows, and have excellent follow-up and closing skills. You will help us build our sales department and advance our mission to improve outcomes for students through our mission of more information, less testing.
- Lead inbound and outbound sales conversations from initial conversation to new customer acquisition.
- Identify and pursue potential customers, including school districts, administrators, and decision-makers. Utilize various channels such as cold calling, networking events, and education conferences to generate leads and build a robust sales pipeline.
- Provide product presentations/demonstrations with online presentation tools.
- Answer questions related to product and implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including superintendents, principals, curriculum directors, and technology officers. Establish trust and credibility by understanding their unique requirements and providing ongoing support.
- Manage the end-to-end sales cycle, from initial contact and needs assessment to proposal development, negotiation, and contract closure. Effectively collaborate with internal teams, to ensure seamless onboarding, delivery and implementation of products and services.
- Manage contractual and school district IT department requirements to finalize purchases.
- Track sales activities in Salesforce and mine database for new opportunities
- Help develop sales materials to support conversions.
- Some travel to trade shows and other networking events to generate new business.
- Work with marketing team member to improve prospecting and sales nurturing.
- Collaborate with customer success team to support successful adoptions and generate referrals.
- Other responsibilities as they arise. As a small business, we seek a professional that embraces versatility and adaptability as the role will evolve.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- A deep passion and commitment for increasing student outcomes
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent writing and speaking communication skills
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Demonstrated knowledge of prospecting and closing processes
- Adaptable and creative problem solver
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Tech-savvy and data-driven professional
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
- Fully remote, US based
- K-12 education experience
- K-12 leadership experience (coaching, curriculum, teacher leader, etc.)
- Prior sales experience
- Software sales or sales of educational materials experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range is $50,000 - $70,000 plus commission and a benefits package. Forefront is an equal opportunity employer with an interest in building a diverse team.
Application Window Closed
Forefront closed the application window on February 23, 2024.